Home

Home

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Through My Journey

Sitting on my porch enjoying the beautiful sunshine,amazingly I am having to wear a small jacket - there is a nip in the air... I love days like today... As I sit here and blog, I see all kind of fish jumping on top of the water ~~ but I know as soon as I throw out a line I will not get a bite... I tell you fish do not like me except to tease me... I know they laugh at me when I throw a line in...but I do not give up easy and one day the laughter will be on them.... Today is one of my days that I have no clue as to what I will do with myself.. My house is clean, laundry is done, so as usual I sit and wonder what to do next.. I could go into to town but I actually enjoy staying in my own little world...I used to have more friends than anyone could ask for, but it comsumed all my time.... Now I fine myself with just a hand full in which I do not see very often.. I do not miss some of the drama that friendship brings but I do from time to time miss the communication that also comes from friendships along with a great cup of coffee. I have come to realize our lives takes us on a journey. There will be times we have no idea where we are going, what we will face or where we will end up on our journey... At first when your journey takes you on a different path than you are used too - it can bring shock and leave you feeling why am I here and how did I end up here... But if you sit long enough and trust God that this journey was totally lead by Him then you know you are exactly where He has lead you. He will never take you where He has not gone before you... You may not understand at that moment why you ended up where you are, but in time and evenually God will reveal His reasons.and we learn it has always been for our benefit and our good.. I know this has always been true for me on my journey in life... I have been here on this island going on four years now and up till a year ago I stayed so busy that I was not able to enjoy life and it's beauty out here, nor did I have the time to really get to know Jesus in this most personally way - getting to know the very heart of God... I have served Him for most of my life but I have found spending very quiet time with Him builds a realtionship that is unbreakable...so now I have had the last year to take in all the beauty and just plainly appreciate the gifts God has given us and totally enjoying my journey and growth in Him... In my journey getting where I am today has not always been a pleasant one but I tell it has always been a knowledgiable one... I have learned so much in my journey through all the good, the bad and the painful... In this last year, I have come to know each situation I face - it is a growing one and I appreciate all the lessons I have learned, because it makes me who I am today and I would not want to be anything other than who I am at this very moment.... So, when I have those days where I do not know what to do with myself, I look to facebook God's gift to me(a means of reaching people and still be able to communicate with them) and see who is need of encourage, prayers,reassurance and some definite promises God has given everyone who choses to love and serve Him.Then I have what God has given me to give to others..also have the opportunity to give people the opportunity to get to know Him , in a very personal way,then I know I have my reasons for this journey on this day... God promised me I would fine peace if my mind stayed on Him and that is where my mind stays and I stay in peace no matter where I find myself on this journey...

1 comment:

  1. Hey girL, just thought I'd stop in & let you know I enJOY reading your blog. Without God's peaCe where would we be? [completely in turmoil] SomeDays are hard but in looking back I realize that it's God who has brought me thru because I can't figure how I've made it this far!! I have NO way of bringing peaCe in every situation [it's just not within human power] Thank God for HIS peaCe that surpasses ALL my understanding ♥ How's the marSh toDay?

    ReplyDelete