Home

Home

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Something Different

For years I always wore make up because it made me feel good about myself and I worked in the public. But since I have moved out here on the island and no one sees me everyday and it can get extremely hot - I have gotten out of the habit of not wearing it...I also lost 90 pounds over 17 years ago, kept it off for years but when I stop working in the public in 2004 to take care of mom for 15 months after her accident that left her wheelchair bound, I slowly began to gain some of the weight, not because I began to eat more but my activity level went from zoom zoom to crawling like a turtle and the stress was overwhelming... Then after 15 months of taking care of  mom, I went back to work in the public as a secretary so that was sitting hours on end - so here comes more weight... but I was able to manage to keep it at a sensible number and still be a comfortable...Mom began to fall sick real often so I ran around seeing about her and her hubby for over a year, keeping me active.... but since they have passed away a year ago- yep you know it more weight is comin, because I have nothing to do and I have feet problem..have allowed excuse to be my crutch. So this morning I felt like I am finally understanding where all this routine and unsatification feelings are coming from... I am not happy what I have allowed myself to get into "a slump."...Feeling like I can't walk because of my feet, so I sit day after day.. So today, I decided to put on makeup, made my hair real curly and big ( just like I like it)- and that little extra that I have done has made me feel really alive... Now, I am working on a way to get his weight back off.... I am limited to walking area but I can work with what I got... When I lost that 90 pounds years ago, I prayed asking God to give me wisdom on how to lose weight in His faithfulness to His Word He did. I did not have to take diet pills or any special diet... I walked and learn portion control.. Did away with things I did not have to have - the weight came off.....  So, today I pray that prayer that prayer to God again because now my situation is different - so I know if I ask God he will show me something different that will be successful.... He is faithful to those who ask and believe He is more than able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think. I need to do something different so my life does not feel routine and I can stay heathly....  I am motivated today, determined to find a way so I can do things different in my daily routine....  I enjoy my spiritual life and I want to enjoy my everyday life... So doing something different will help me do that....

1 comment:

  1. Brenda, I remember that time in your liFe [well] when you ate turKey boiled in a little vinegar & water then you smothered it down. I'll just bet that would work onCe again. I too have put back on[some]of the weight I took off 3 years ago. When my lifeStyle changed~so did my body. For me, it's all wrapped up in discipline! [I'm still praying for an eliptical machine-LOL] Maybe if you keep us readers upDated with your progress it would be an extra incentive to take the weight off. Tell you what~we can do that together!!!! {{{{{hugs}}}}}

    ReplyDelete