Home

Home

Thursday, March 31, 2011

" This Day "

" This Day " is beyond beautiful!!!! I decided to come and sit outside ~~~ enjoy a nice cup of coffee... it is not too cold ~~ not too hot.... it's perfect!!!! As I sit out here today, my birds are showing signs of their displeasure because they are out of bird feed... I haven't been to town in a while so I ran out of bird feed day before yesterday.... So the last two days I have watched as they keep coming back to see if their feeder has been filled.... they even hang upside down checking every inch of their feeder...only to keep finding nothing there... one bird must be the leader, because he sits on top of the tree every day, when I fill the feeder he begins to sing, then lots of bird begin to surround the feeder after it has been filled... well as usual he is doing his duty... he continues to sit on that tree checking throughout the day to see if any feed has been put in.... Guess, I will have to get my sister in law to pick up some when she comes tomorrow..... Several birds will sit on the line and look at me like hey woman where's the feed... I actually told them this morning - yes I spoke to them--- telling them I would get them some feed as soon as I can get some.... But I have noticed birds are kinda like people... I have some Purple Martins who have been very busy preparing their nest to bring their new family into the world , but I never see them stop to eat the feed... but the other birds stay busy at the feeder..they are there several times a day... the purple martins remind me of the people who work all the time to provide for their families, not taking any time to enjoy the pleasures around them..they have a goal before them and will work till their job is accomplished, only then will they enjoy the rest and the pleasures around them.... the other birds that eat all day, figthing to get the feed first, they act as if someone owe them, they remind me of other people who sit around waiting on someone else to take care of them - fighting to get what they think is owed to them - while they are enjoying the pleasures around them.and do nothing to provide for themselves.. no responsiblities.... I love the fact if you sit long enough, you can see lessons in everything around you.... God told His people not to worry about any thing..... He said look at the sparrows they do not work but God provides for them... If I would not put out this bird feed these birds would definitely find food somewhere, because their Creator provides for them..It is just easier if the feeder is full. It was God's intention to totally provide for man when He created them, but because of Adam's disobedience God said " men would have work by the sweat of their brow.." So now, He intends for man to work to provide for their families.... When He said not to worry - he was telling people that if we did our part according to His instructions, He would provide the way for us to accomplish providing for our families... We can't sit around feeding off other people doing whatever you think you want all the while thinking others owe you... God has given us all responsibilies.  He has provided us with what it takes to do get the job done... So men just like birds do their thing - some men will work and do whatever it takes to provide for their families, just as these Purple Martins are busy building their nest - while others sit around waiting on someone to do it for them, like the birds that sit around waiting for me to fill their bird feeder.. " This Day " as every day God teaches me a new lesson... as I look around me...

No comments:

Post a Comment