Home

Home

Monday, March 21, 2011

Joy comes from accomplishing something even if you have to endure pain through the process .. I Praise God for the strength He gave me to walk in the Race for the Cure Saturday along side my sister Toni, who was diagnosed in October with breast cancer.. It was a honor to walk along with a real trooper... Toni has not let this diagnose, nor losing her right breast, the chemo, which has cause her to lose her very long thick beautiful hair, her eyelashes and not being able to work to complain, because this demon that has tried taken over her body. She does not try to hide the scars she is force to wear... In her words~~~~ "It is what it is" .. I did not ask for it so I will not hide it.. No, she continues to see the bigger picture in this knowing and trusting God has a bigger plan through this, knowing God has her back... Her selflessness is truly amazing... The entire time we walked the three miles for a cure, she continued to worry about my feet, not once worring about her body being tired from all the chemo.. She is to be admire for her strength that she thought she did not have, but she has proven she is stronger than she knew, she relies on the strength God promised her. She crossed that finish line in full victory of her body.. She has always admired my strength, but honestly I would have to ask if I had to walk her walk .... could I walk it the way she has... She knows God will use what she is walking and God has step this path before her...and she will walk it trusting that God is not allowing it in vain.. She has not allowed this to take her laugher and crazy sense of humor away from her...She is truly AMAZING!!! I am truly thankful for the relationship I share with my sister... So, when people chose to spend one second in complaining about the little things they have to walk, they need to spend one day with someone that has to walk something so much bigger than them.... My prayer for everyone who has faced this demon of cancer or will face it.... that God would give the wisdom needed in finding a cure....God is so much bigger than this.........

1 comment:

  1. Hey BrenDa, I was wondering where you were!! I've been waiting to read more of your thoughts. Glad you & everyOne were able to conquer the 3 miLe walk. I've much admiration for the courage it took ♥ Thank God for His WORD that's still full of POWER toDay.

    ReplyDelete