Home

Home

Friday, March 25, 2011

Children are Our Gifts From God

As I reflect on the day I spent with my two grown married daughters yesterday, I have to say it is the best time I have had in a long time with them. It reminded me just how much fun they can still be... Sometimes you forget how it can be, even though they're grown... They clowned my driving and how I own two lanes to wait on a red light. Dee would continue to sing some song from PBS that she learned as her children watch it, it goes something like this "Back seat driving with my grandma " and it went on... Her and Ash would laugh... Today as I reflect on yesterday it brought me back to their childhood... I was a young mother of five, so I more or less grew up with them... They made my life full and gave me purpose to get up every day... I practicely raised them alone while their father worked all the time... It was not always easy but it was always good, because I had the best kids I knew... As I raised them they taught me how to love unconditionally, laugh at silly things and not to take everything so serious... They never allowed me to forget how it was to be young... I loved being their mother - even Curtis who gave me a run for my money..lol... I have always enjoyed how they could make me laugh with some of the funny things they say and things they do... In the worse time of my life God gave me Stephen my fourth child.. I could not understand why at that point in my life did I end up pregnant but I knew God had to have some reason for allowing his existence.. From his birth  and as years went by and all the times he made me laugh - I finally knew why God allowed him coming into my life at that time.. God gave me Stephen to put joy back into my life.. He is 26 years old and  Stephen still makes me laugh... He never ceases to amaze me with what that boy comes up with... Stephen my joy :) Dee and Ashley always had a wonderful relationship and continue to share that relationship today, can only make a mother grateful and thankful all at the same time. Gosh how many times did I have to watch that movie " Dirty Dancing" they knew every move and would dance together to the songs never missing a beat... Dee was quiet the artist and her her work showed under the top bunk bed... Every new love interest her and Ashley shared, bored their name under that bunk... Dee as Stephen had a nack for humor and still does today..... She is my third child and is a hard worker and takes her responsibility very serious.. When she became a wife and mother - she became an adult who knew what needed to be done and gets it done unselfishly... Her smile can light up any room and any heart..She has a compassion that brings tears to her eyes everytime.. My beautiful Dee... Ashley, my fifth child was always the quiet one..... Very independant wanting to be 21 but still very much in need of her mom..When she was little she would mimiced everything I did - I have pictures to prove it... So you know I had to be careful how I acted because she would do it ... lol.... Today as an adult she is still very independant and still needs her mom, which I am glad and love. I can depend on her for anything... She has become my right arm..She also has that same compassion for people that bring tears to her eyes..Ashley my treasure.. Ira my first born, was my child who gave me very little trouble... I remember when he was born, people would tell me that no kids were perfect,  I have say he was not perfect but to me he was very close to it... He was very talented in football and baseball. He gave me entertainment each time I went to a game.and kept me proud of him. He as well as Dee and Stephen had a sense of humor.. He still tells me things to make me laugh as he did as a child.. He knew my mom was a Christian who would preach them sermons, so he would tell her stuff that would shock her and cause her to start preaching, he would leave and leave me with her preaching. she was worked up by then. He was somthing else.. I watched him grow into a very responsible young man and continues to be that today... He is a wonderful father who is dedicated to his sons, takes care of them and do for them as a mother would do...He is a hard worker and there is nothing more important to him than his family... He does what it takes to take care of them..He is also there for his siblings. He is the definition of a " Real man.".  Now Curtis who is my second child taught more about what it was to be a mother... The devil tried taking him from me when he was three months old, in this I learned of the power of prayer and the powerful God I served at a young age - He spared his life. He was my first lesson into motherhood..I learned what sleepless nights were due to Curtis being sickly the first several years of his life. When he overcame being sickly he began being my world wind.. What he did not do he did not think of... I spent many sleepless nights through his growing up years. He was my kid who sneaked out taking my car, making the girls help him.. Not coming home when he was suppose too and his behavior went on and on..Raising Curtis was a challegne to say the least.. He taught me what unconditional love was.. He taught me how to grow up. Made me understand why I grew up tough because God knew I would be raising him..lol ..He gave me so much trouble  yet needed me so badly... As he grow into a young man he continued to be irresponsible, making  me crazy. He was always my heart and I always believed in him no matter what he done.. Circumstances made him a angry child, but watching him mature into a more responsible man, all those years have paid off.... today he dediciated to his job and works all the time, he now enjoys life and is no longer an angry person... He can be funny as well....I have to say out of all my children he shows me the most respectful. Curtis will always need a mom and that is fine by me.. Curtis my teacher... So as  I reflect .. I have learned each child in their own way have taught me how to be a mother - they all have their own specialness about them.. I have a wonderful blessed realtionship with each one of them..I have been truly blessed. They treat me as their friend but their mother first and foremost with upmost respect... My children are my five treasured gifts from God that keeps on giving through my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment