Home

Home

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Our Gift to Our Kids

Yesterday, I blogged about our children being our gifts from God.. Well, today I am blogging about our gifts to our children... As our children grow we think of leaving our them, land, houses, money, cars and our personal things that matter most to us... we teach them as they grow how to be good people, how to handle life the best way we can... but as they become adults we notice what we have given them and what we fail to give them...When they were born they were our gifts God laid at our hearts to be responsible for...He trust us with these gifts to teach them of Him and all He has for them if they serve Him..  Do we even think of leaving them spiritual gifts that will last a life time after we are gone? The other day while ministering to someone who's world has be turned upside down and struggling to trust God whom she grew up knowing and see where as parent we fail to give our children the greatest gift possible.." Faith!!!." I myself come to realize what I fail to give my kids... I have been a born again Christian since I am 18 and serve the Lord during my time of raising my five kids... We went to church three times a week they seen me read my Bible, saw the Lord used me to minister other people, I lived a Christian life at home as well as in church... I done the best I could to be a spiritual example to my children... As I watch them as adults I see where I have passed on lots of good gifts to them.. they are well mannered children, who live responsible lives... They are compassionate to others, forgives easily and accepts people for who they are... They look beyond color and religion.... If they see a need they can stretch out a hand expecting nothing in return...They are really good children, but,  The one thing I fell to give them which is the most precious gift any parent can give their children is teaching them how to pray trusting God who is their Heavenly Father for anything they cross in their life.... I always trusted God, stood on the very promises God gave me, but I would not allow my children to see the pain I endured and how I prayed every night and cried myself to sleep many of nights in prayer believing without a doubt God would come through for His child... I thought I always had to be strong for them.... Could not let them see my weaknesses and my fears, so I did not let them see me stand on God's Word to get me through some really rough times in my life or get them involved in prayer for situations in our lives that affected them as much as myself. I had to do that for me as well as for them , so I thought... So today as I watch my children becoming adults seeing them face heartaches, disappointments and whatever else they my face, I realize I did not pass on the gift of trusting in God no matter what... What a gift to leave out in their growing years.. because now I watch them walk by sight and not by faith, instead of the other way around.... I taught them of God, what He expected from us and how our very lives should be about Him, but failed to teach them Faith, trust and just plain believing God is more than able to do exceedly abundantly above all we can ask or think.. And this is how I believe... I have to watch the things they have to walk and struggle in it because of their lack of faith and lack of knowing how to talk to God.because I did not give them that.. I have to be double strong in faith for them.. if I would have just given them that gift of Believing God while I taught them everything else, they could walk things a whole less painful and be more of an overcomer when the enemy tries to destroy them in their circumstances....Father forgive me... I know they learn by watching but they also need to hear what you believe, they need to be involved in prayer for situations and circumstances that are beyond our control and learn how to talk to God who cares about every little detail of our life.... I try teaching them that now but it is easier to teach them when they are younger because when they become adults they will always remember what you told them and showed them.... Show and tell of God's salvation, goodness and faithfulness to His children are the greatest gifts we as parents can give our children. They learn to trust their Creator not their circumstances..It is a gift that will last a life time, it is worth more than anything material thing on this earth  you can leave them or greater than any riches and they can and will appreciate that gift... What gifts are you leaving your children????

No comments:

Post a Comment